Protection arrivals and departures
Many companies - large insurers, challengers and instechs - have entered and left the UK individual protection market since the dawn of the millennium. This article provides an incomplete list and brief commentary. Where possible I have interviewed key people involved.
- Arrivals and departures. A history of challengers.
- A challenger game plan. Improving your odds.
- Challenger cages. Why scaling up is hard.
- 3 Premiership moats. Which, if any, are real?
- Swiss Life's Solutions. A giant leap in 18 months.
- Easylife Protection. The UK's first instech?
- They shook protection. A tale of two companies.
- Happy April 1st. Self Assurance returns!
I'll finalize this article as soon as possible.
Arrivals and departures is based on research and interviews. The challenger game plan and the challenger’s cage result from personal experience: employment (articles 4-7) and observations from my consulting engagements, several of which have been with challengers.