- Protection review. Market segmentation and predictions.
- Defaqto survey. Ranks 20 protection insurers.
- Friendly societies. A look into their different world.
- Planning for real progress. Top 10 areas that matter to distributors.
- Reasons to reinsure. 10 reasons why all but one of the largest insurers reinsure.
- Some companies that don't reinsure. Culture and control come into play.
- Delivering. Create a great reputation, including with reinsurers.
- Making the leap. Make fast progress on your protection journey.
Lablog home page
Report on pricing in IFA and aggregator protection markets
- Why reinsurance works for big insurers. Magic1 for insurers.
- Reinsurance structures. Reinsurance and cashflows.
- The reinsurance DA VINCI code. Presenting your case to reinsurers.
- Background to assessment. HMRC's intent, guidance, CEST tool - plus legal cases.
- Making employment status decisions. The big picture on employment status decisions.
- HMRC examples - Alan and Jemima. Quite simple, no CEST.
- Examples - Chenguang and Kaye. Two examples, including using CEST.
- CEST criticisms and responses. CEST can be helpful, despite the criticisms.
- Gaming the system and pressure. HMRC are targeting these.
- Thales. The easiest circle theorem.
- Inscribed angle. The angle subtending a major arc is constant.
- Cyclic quadrilateral - opposite angles sum to 180°. Plus minor arc.
- Tangent radius. Blindingly obvious, but a slippery proof.
- Alternate segment. Perhaps the most unintuitive.
- Chord bisection by radius. The relevant angle is 90°.
- Equal length tangents. For completeness.
1 Reinsurance may not be real magic.